ONT ID User Services
ONT ID is owned and operated by Ontology Foundation Limited, a public company limited by guarantee registered in the Republic of Singapore.
By accessing or using the Service, you confirm that you are at least 18 years old or the minimum age in your jurisdiction to have the legal capacity to enter into contracts, whichever is older, and have the right, capacity, and authority to enter into a contract.
I. About the Service
1. ONT ID is a blockchain-based application, which will help you access the Service including distributed identity management, digital asset management, distributed data exchange and etc as below. You can use ONT ID to create your own digital identity and comprehensive personal portraits, enable privacy protection through cryptographic algorithms, and complete the connection between digital identity and real life identity application scenarios. ONT ID can manage digital assets safely, as well as integrate them into various application scenarios. ONT ID can establish a controllable data transaction system through an authorization system and encryption algorithm. In the future, based on ONT ID, digital identity and digital assets will further support various types of social scenarios and collaborative needs.
2. Create a User identity. Ontology establishes a User identity account system on ONT ID. ONT ID's identity account system is compatible with the W3C's DID scheme and allows distributed and diversified identity as well as authentication of various entities including individuals, organizations, and etc.
3. Authentication. ONT ID uses various authentication methods including name authentication and social media binding (including but not limited to Twitter, Facebook, GitHub, LinkedIn and etc.).
4. Verifiable claim management. For ONT ID's identity management system, verifiable claim management is vital for trust-transmitting.
5. Identity authorization management. Through flexible configuration and integration of its own authorization service or third party’s authentication mechanism, you can perform authorization management of identity information. When your identity is being used you will receive a data usage request, please check the request and reply.
6.Data exchange. ONT ID supports decentralized data exchange. It defines a set of protocol specifications including data query, data request, data authorization, data recording and etc.
7. Other services that might be further developed by us.
8. ONT ID does not provide the following services:
(1) Storage of the user's account password (the password set when the user creates/imports an identity account) and the private key；
(2) Retrieval of user’s account password and private key;
(3) Freezing accounts;
(4) Recovery of accounts;
Accordingly, you should take care of their mobile device that has ONT ID downloaded on and properly backup ONT ID, account password, and private key. If you lose your mobile device or delete ONT ID without having ONT ID, your account password, or private key backed up, we cannot restore or retrieve it.
II. Your Rights and Obligations
1. In accordance with applicable laws and regulations, you may be required to provide relevant information (e.g. name, ID number, phone number, bank card number and etc.) when you use the Service. You may be denied access to the Service if you do not provide the required information. Any risks, liabilities, losses, costs, etc., arising from not doing so will be of your full responsibility.
2. We may develop different versions of ONT ID for different devices. You should download the appropriate version according to your needs. We cannot guarantee the functionality or security if you obtain ONT ID from an unlicensed third party or downloads the different software with the same name.
3. After the release of a new version of ONT ID, the old version may no longer be usable. We cannot guarantee the security, continued functionality, and provision of customer support for the old version of ONT ID. Please update to the latest version in a timely manner. Any risks, liabilities, losses, costs, etc., arising from not doing so will be of your full responsibility.
4. You should keep your own mobile devices, account password, private key, and other personal details safe. We are not responsible for the safekeeping of these. All risks, liabilities, losses, and costs arising from: loss of mobile devices; active disclosure, passive disclosure, or loss of password or private key; or other attacks or fraud shall be of your full responsibility.
5. You agree to follow ONT ID's in-app prompts. Any risks, liabilities, losses, costs, etc., arising from not doing so will be of your full responsibility.
6. You accept that we are not obliged to perform due diligence on third party authentication services.
7. If we have reasonable grounds to believe that your actions or situation are abnormal, your identity information is in question, or if we require you to verify your identity card or other documents, please cooperative with us to verify your identity and provide documents to complete the authentication in a timely manner.
8. When your identity is being used you will receive a data usage request, please check the request and reply. In order to avoid receiving too many authorization requests, We have designed an authorization agency mechanism. ONT ID will perform automatic auditing of requests and filter requests according to your settings.
9.When you operate ONT ID or use identity authentication services on ONT ID, you are required to comply with the applicable laws and regulations.
10. ONT ID will make notifications through website announcements, emails, text messages, website messages, pop-ups, and etc. Please take notice of them and follow the instructions.
11. We will not charge any fee of the Service for the time being. If in the future service fees for certain features are introduced, you will be notified.
III. Risk Warning
3. You understand that when you create or import an account on ONT ID your private key and other information are only stored on the current mobile device and are not stored on ONT ID or by us. You can switch device and import your account according to the ONT ID guidance. However, if you do not save or back up your account password, private key, etc., and your mobile device is lost, your account will be lost and we will not be able to retrieve it. You will be responsible for the loss incurred. If you lose your password whilst exporting, saving, or backing up your account or private key, or if the device or server that saves or backs up the above information is hacked or you lose control of it otherwise, your account will be lost and we will not be able to recover it for you. You will be responsible for the loss incurred.
4. We recommend that you securely back up your account password, private key, and other information when creating or importing an account. Please do not use the following backup methods: screenshots, emails, notepads, SMS, messaging applications, or other electronic backup methods. We recommend that you copy the relevant information in a paper notebook.
5. We recommend that you use ONT ID in a secure network environment to avoid potential security risks.
6. When using the Service, please be alert to fraudulent software or activity online. If such behavior is discovered, we encourage you to inform us as soon as possible.
IV. Service Change, Interruption, Termination
2. You understand that we will suspend the Service:
(1) When there is business interruption due to technical issues such as equipment maintenance, blockchain system maintenance, upgrades, failures, or communication interruptions;
(2) Due to force majeures such as typhoons, earthquakes, tsunamis, floods, blackouts, wars or terrorist attacks, viruses, trojans, hacker attacks, system instability or government intervention, etc., which prevent us from providing the Service or lead us to believe that continuing the Service would pose a risk;
(3) Other situations which we cannot control or foresee;
3. We may suspend or terminate your use of some or all ONT ID features if you:
(1) Pass away;
(2) Fraudulently use someone else's account information or mobile device;
(3) Provide false information when filling out information or someone other than you fills out your information;
(4) Refuse mandatory updates for ONT ID functions;
(5) Use ONT ID for illegal or unlawful activities;
(6) Hinder ONT ID function usage for other Users;
(7) Impersonate Ontology employees or admins;
(8) Attack, invade, alter, or threaten the normal operation of ONT ID in any way;
(9) Use ONT ID to post spam advertisements;
(10) Spread rumors which cause damage to ONT ID and Ontology;
4. When the service relationship between you and us is changed, interrupted, or terminated, you will still have the right to export your account and other information within a reasonable time.
V. Your Representations and Warranties
1. You shall comply with the applicable laws and regulations. You shall not use ONT ID for any illegal or unlawful purposes, or by any illegal or unlawful means including but not limited to:
(1) Money laundering, illegal fundraising, etc.;
(2) Collecting or processing the content provided by us, intervening or attempting to intervene with any users by the use of any automated programs, software, network engines, web crawlers, web analytics tools, data mining tools, or similar tools;
(3) Invading into other user’s account for fraudulent use of identity or stealing digital assets;
(4) Engaging in any inproper or false transactions with the counterparty; committing any activities which harm or attempts to harm ONT ID service system and data;
(5) Other activities which we have reason grounds to believe are inappropriate.
4. You confirm that you will pay the service fees charged by us in time (if applicable). We reserve the right to suspend the Service when you fail to pay service fees (if applicable).
VI.Disclaimer and Limitation of Liability
1. You acknowledge and accept that we shall not be held liable for malfunction of ONT ID which results from the following reasons:
(1) System maintenance or upgrading of ONT ID;
(2) Force majeures, such as typhoons, earthquakes, flooding, lightning, terrorist attacks, etc.;
(3) Malfunction of your mobile device hardware and software, and failure of telecommunication lines and power supply lines;
(4) Your improper, unauthorized, or unrecognized use of the Service;
(5) Computer viruses, trojan horse, malicious program attacks, network congestion, system instability, system or equipment failure, telecommunication failure, power failure, banking issues, government intervention, etc.;
(6) Any other reasons not imputed to us.
2. You acknowledge and accept that we shall not be held liable under the following circumstances:
(1) You lose your mobile devices, delete ONT ID without back up, or forget password, private key without back up, which result in the loss of digital assets;
(2) You disclose your ONT ID password, private key to others, or authorize others to log on to your ONT ID account, or download ONT ID through unofficial channels, or use ONT ID by other insecure means, which result in the loss of their identity or tokens;
(3) You are unfamiliar with blockchain technology and your mishandling of ONT ID results in loss of your identity or digital assets.
3. You understand that ONT ID is only an application and is incapable to control the quality, security, and legitimacy of products and services provided by the third party-developed dApps, or the authenticity and accuracy of their information and their capability to fulfill the obligations under the agreements with you. You, at your sole discretion, decide whether to transact on the third party-developed dApps. You shall also assume all the risks arising from the transactions between you and any third party. We kindly remind you to carefully review the authenticity, legitimacy, and effectiveness of related information provided by the third party-developed dApps before you decide to use such dApps.
4. We do not warrant that:
(1) The Service will satisfy all your needs;
(2) Techniques, products, and information or other materials on ONT ID will meet all your expectations.
5. You are aware that we do not provide legal, tax, or investment advice. You should seek advice from professional legal, tax, and investment advisors. In addition, we shall not be liable for any investment loss, data loss, etc., during your use of the Service.
6. You understand that we may change our entry standards, limit the range and ways to provide the Service for specific users, etc., at any time in accordance with the applicable laws and regulations.
VII. Intellectual Property Protection
ONT ID is an application developed and owned by Ontology. The intellectual property rights of any content displayed in ONT ID (including this Agreement, announcements, articles, videos, audios, images, archives, information, materials, trademarks, or logos) are owned by us or the third-party licensors. In particular, without prior written consent from us or the third-party licensors, no one shall use, modify, decompile, reproduce, publicly disseminate, alter, distribute, issue, or publicly publish the abovementioned applications and contents.
VIII.Governing Law and Dispute Resolution
1. If you live outside of the People’s Republic of Singapore, you shall fully understand and conform to the laws, regulations, and rules in your jurisdiction which are relevant to use of the Service.
2. During your use of the Service, if you come across any problems, you can contact us through feedback submission on ONT ID.